The maximum retention time for message information is up to :
- 90 days for Go! customers
- 3 years for Pro customers
We store 2 types of message data in Flowmailer: Message Archive and Message Details.
Message Archive is the archived mail - the HTML copy we show as a preview when you view a message. Note that we only have a Message Archive of a message if the Archive Flowstep was used at that point in the flow. The maximum retention period (for Pro) is one year.
Message Details contain the timeline (from when we receive the email to when we deliver it), some information about the recipient such as MX record and OS, and open & click information. Note that we store open and click information only if those Flowsteps were used in the Flow at that time. Message Details has a maximum retention period of three years.
After the retention period, you can find the message in Flowmailer, but the details are no longer retrievable.
You can adjust the retention settings under Setup. Please note that if you change them down, we will implement them immediately and irrevocably.
What we store in Flowmailer:
- Message Archive. That's the entire mail, including attachments, headers, and any data input. As described, we store that only when the Archive Flowstep is on.
- Message Details. Those consist of technical logging and optional Message Details.
- Technical logging includes the time of addressing, MX on which we deliver, and any information we get back, such as a 250OK, bounces, greylisting, etc. Of course, we also store headers such as the To: field here.
- Optional Message Details are Open and Click tracking, where we store such things as time, link and Os from the customer. As described, we store that only if the Relevant Flowsteps are on.
Archive and Open and Click tracking are always optional. You have to turn those on in a flow consciously.